Brockenhurst College has an exciting opportunity for a Football Academy Coach to join their dedicated and enthusiastic team based in Brockenhurst. You will be working on a part time, claims basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £19.21 per hour.
We are a high-achieving college who attract around 3,000 sixth form students across the region each year. We are based within the stunning New Forest National Park and offer our students a huge range of courses and superb facilities.
Main responsibilities as our Football Academy Coach:
- Prepare and implement a well-structured and progressive coaching sessions adhering to the seasonal plan; ensuring a high quality, enjoyable coaching experience centered on the needs of the participants within your team.
- Be a part of the identification of talented young people and encouraging further development.
- Be a positive role model, creating a positive and professional environment in which to motivate and encourage young people to participate in football.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant Football Association/Football League Trust programmes, policies and practices.
- Assist in the collation of management information as required.
- Attend regular meetings – Brockenhurst College, Hampshire Colleges, County & FA as and when necessary/required.
- Develop and maintain effective and positive working relationships with all departmental and college staff.
- Agree to abide by a code of conduct and carry out duties in accordance to Brockenhurst Colleges’ policies, including equal opportunities, safeguarding children, health and safety at work, etc.
- Be prepared to carry out work during evening and weekend periods.
Key skills and attitudes required as our Football Academy Coach include:
- Significant experience of football coaching; establishing, delivering and co-ordinating coaching programmes for young people.
- Experience of coaching in a wide range of environments including schools, clubs and community settings.
- Experience of working with 16-19 year olds.
- Hold a current FA Level 2 qualification.
- First Aid qualified.
- Relevant knowledge and experience of sports development, including club and coach development.
- Full Driving Licence.
- Ability to develop and implement high quality, varied and creative coaching sessions with a young person-centred approach.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to work efficiently on own initiative, under pressure and maintain a high standard of work.
- Commitment to equal opportunities.
Benefits as our Football Academy Coach:
- Access to onsite Gym, Tennis/Badminton courts, Football pitches (indoor & out)
- Weekly staff Yoga and Football
- On-site Nursery offers childcare at superb rates in and outside of term time
- Enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free eye care vouchers
- Free secure onsite parking
- Access to a range of discounts including shopping, travel and healthcare
- 25 days leave plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff)
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme provided externally to the College
Closing Date: 19 September
If you feel you are the right candidate for the Football Academy Coach role please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks which includes an enhanced DBS check as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.