Boomerang Media is a leading out-of-home advertising business, selling engaging and effective media solutions to national advertisers and their media agencies. We help brands reach a range of targeted audiences, including working professionals, active families and young adults, through advertising opportunities in Health Clubs, Shopping Malls, Leisure Centres, Playcentres, Cinema and Schools. Our advertiser base includes the likes of Netflix, Nintendo, O2, BBC, Paramount Pictures, Red Bull, Nivea, Sky, Nando’s, Nike, Jaguar, Lego, Colgate, Calpol and Sony Music.
Due to a period of unprecedented growth, we are looking for a Direct Media Sales Executive to join our dynamic and successful local team. The successful candidate will be tasked with generating revenue direct from local businesses. Initially they will focus on selling our estate of digital posters within the Pure Gym, David Lloyd and Nuffield Health gym chains.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, highly motivated and proactive, with a firm desire to succeed. Ingenuity is at the heart of Boomerang, so there is plenty of scope for creativity.
Full training will be provided, including monthly sessions with our sales trainer and full support from the wider team. We offer generous bonus schemes and incentives such as skiing in the Alps in the winter and summer BBQ’s. Our office is based in sunny Aldershot, in a grade 2 listed building on a picturesque park.
What are the requirements of the role?
* To reach (and exceed) individual sales targets
* To win new business from local advertisers; to maintain and develop existing business
* Where relevant, to contribute to company goals, promoting all Boomerang products and cross-selling environments
* To make the required number of quality telephone calls daily
* To generate the required number of face-to-face meetings post training / induction
* To develop meaningful relationships with the Marketing Managers / owners of local businesses
* To actively participate in sales meetings and subsequent team activities; to be able to cover all aspects of sales for other members of the team when directed by your manager (i.e. holiday cover)
* To ensure internal working relationships with other departments / teams are in the best possible order
* To ensure all administration is in line with company policy and procedure
* To professionally represent the company at all times; some flexibility in hours may be required (i.e. for entertaining) due to the nature of this role
What type of person are we looking for?
* Someone with high energy levels - ‘sales hungry’ - with an upbeat and positive outlook
* You must have an interest in media, marketing and communications and be able to sell a concept or solution
* A big personality - you must be confident on the telephone, as well as face-to-face
* A self-starter, highly motivated with creative flair
* An engaging, yet professional manner
* Personable, someone who is a keen relationship-builder
* Natural organisational and prioritisation skills; a pro-active ‘game-planner’
* A ‘hunter farmer’ mentality - able to win new business and account manage
* Sales experience would be an advantage, but is not a pre-requisite
What else can Boomerang offer?
* Time for You - we offer 22 days annual leave, increasing each year up to 25 days
* Future Saving - we will match your pension contribution to help you save for the future
* Support - we offer training through a 2-week induction programme and ongoing mentoring
* Development - we invest in staff through courses and qualifications to help them progress
* Incentives - we incentivise with bonus schemes and uncapped commission
* Free Parking - we have an on-site car park, which is free to use for all staff
* Rewards - we reward hard work with company parties and a yearly ski trip
* Healthy Lifestyle - we invest in your well-being with circuits classes and challenges (e.g. 3 Peaks)