Application Support Engineer£27K – £32k plus benefitsBased in FarnboroughFull-time (shift rota)
Are you a self-starter with a passion for customer service and technology?
Do you want a role in which you can grow and continue your professional development?
Do you have the flexibility to work a shift rota?
Exclaimer is an award-winning global independent software vendor. We are the leading provider of email signature and archiving software for Microsoft Exchange, Outlook and Office 365. We have impressive growth rates and ambitious growth plans over the next 3 years, so now is an exciting time to join our growing team.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Application Support Engineer to join our established Support Team in our UK office. As part of our team you will troubleshoot, investigate and seek resolutions to support issues for our customers. We utilise an Intelligent Swarming model of support and therefore you will have a diverse role, with the opportunity to get exposure to and handle a variety of tickets which means there is never a dull day. Of course, we will ensure you have an all the appropriate internal training to be successful in your role as well as supporting you with relevant external certifications.
Our support function operates 24 hours a day Monday – Friday, 3am – 10pm. This role will work a rotating 4 week shift pattern, with 7am, 9am, 11am and 1:30pm start times and therefore you must have the flexibility to fulfil this requirement. If you like the sound of flexibility, variety and thrive on providing an excellent, service focused customer experience then we want to hear from you.
You will be a key member of our Support team, responsible for troubleshooting and investigating customer support issues. You will problem solve and collaborate with colleagues to identify appropriate resolutions before working with the customer to implement those.
- Troubleshoot support issues with customers to identify root cause issues and provide appropriate resolutions
- Utilise a variety of mediums to support customers, over the phone and via live chat
- Produce written documentation, both internal and external, for any resolutions that you find or for repeated instances of issues
- Triage issues discovered via sessions and troubleshooting to our development team to improve areas of the product
- Alert the team to common issues being raised when identified to ensure sharing of knowledge
- Use your knowledge and foresight to anticipate, raise and address potential issues before they materialise
- Participate in the recording of videos to demonstrate common processes and set-up issues
- You will have at least 1 years’ experience in a Customer Service/Customer support role coupled with an interest in IT/Technology. Alternatively, you may have some experience in first line IT support role and be keen to pursue your career further.
- Experience with any of the following technologies is advantageous: Office 365, Exchange Online, G Suite administration, Outlook 2010-2019, Windows Server 2012-2019, Windows Desktop OS
- Experience in a Company producing cloud-based products is advantageous
- Good problem solving skills with an inquisitive and analytical mind
- Continuous improvement mindset with the ability to contribute to process improvement
- A quick learner who can absorb and process information quickly and anticipate issues
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Self-motivated team player with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Ability to build effective relationships with stakeholders inside and outside the team, demonstrating active listening skills and producing true collaboration
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to manage competing priorities and deliver to deadlines
- A track record of honesty and transparency in customer communications, particularly when things don't go as planned
- Ability to explain technical issues in a non-technical and accessible manner
If you think you have the required skills and experience to join us as our Application Support Engineer, apply now!