This client are a long-established firm of financial planners, utilising tech to disrupt their market - offering a role that will allow you to fast track into the thriving FinTech sector, as an ambitious Full Stack Developer - where you will:
* Have the chance to thoroughly immerse yourself in Financial Services tech.
* Work on a wide variety of projects (a financial modeling platform for example).
* Work across OOPHP whilst also having the opportunity to use Node/Vue/Lambda.
* Access significant industry training, learning all about the sector.
* Look to the future of working with and creating Open Banking hybrid apps
What makes this role stand out?
Internal culture is strongly collaborative, with an incredibly friendly atmosphere, remote working options, and numerous opportunities to grow your skill set. There’s a lot to be said for seeing multiple projects grow as a result of your work AND being able to revisit your deployments and say “wait, I could actually do that better if I did it this way” - which is a huge part of the company’s ethos. Using the right tool for the job is another large part of the role, meaning you’ll have the chance to work with a variety of new, well-known and stable technologies - rather than being stuck with the same old stack day-in-day-out.
Their staff often stay there for many, many years - being heavily invested in by the company. A great example is their most senior developer (now in his 10th year) having started in a Junior Support position and having the company invest in him heavily to become a seasoned programmer. Their culture, ethics and genuine concern for the well-being of their colleagues is a stand-out feature of this position and one that’s hard to beat!
Where is this role going to take you?
In summary, you’ll be part of a cross-functional team who are empowered to rapidly iterate and release new features across the company’s existing product suite using the most appropriate solution and be involved in technology decisions that will affect the direction of the company over the years to come.
* Hand-craft new versions/releases for complex applications - aiming for maximum speed and usability.
* Collaborate with back-end developers and key stakeholders to scope out projects, components, and features.
* Write functional requirement documents and guides.
* Help developers with coding and troubleshooting.
* (Important) Stay up to date on emerging technologies as the team are big believers in using the best technology available.
The current stack and upcoming projects.
2019 will see company’s road map progress onto the development of a wealth management platform for high net-worth individuals, using service-based architecture with a Vue/Node/Lambda stack, alongside development and improvement of their existing internal tools & applications, including a new Intranet system. It’s a great chance to see something grow and be consistently improved with every new release.
Existing systems & improvements:
You’ll work on maintaining and improving the company’s existing tools and applications, such as their customer portal, which provides high net-worth individuals with access to a wealth of information regarding wealth management and financial decisions - and interactive tools to help them manage their finances; from research through to interactive calculations - combined with Intranet systems and internal tools.
They are currently investigating the viability of venturing into open-banking and building an open banking mobile application giving their clients the ability to see their investment performance and portfolio in real-time. Once confirmed, you would be a key part of this project.
The ideal experience (not all essential):
* PHP - OO & MVC experience would be great.
* HTML/CSS3 (all the usual stuff - quality mark-up/documentation).
* An understanding of cloud services and infrastructure - AWS & Jenkins/Docker would be most beneficial.
Any experience with Java, Bootstrap, service-based architectures, Salesforce, and devops is also desirable, though not essential. As above, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop.
If this seems like the type of role you’d like to know more about then get in touch with James McConnell via this advert.