Our client is a successful specialist consultancy servicing clients within the private, public and voluntary sectors throughout the UK. They are now seeking to recruit a Senior Ecologist to join their team in Hampshire.
Senior Ecologist role:
You will be required to carry out surveys and manage individual contracts so as to deliver high quality ecological consultancy services within budget and to deadline. This will involve: liaising with clients, consultants and consultees, acquiring data from third parties; organising and supervising staff and sub-contractors as well as preparing maps and writing and reviewing high quality reports. They will also have responsibility for the general running of the office and business development in co-operation with other staff and to help with the marketing and promotion of the company.
The successful Senior Ecologist will have;
* An appropriate degree(s)
* Member of the CIEEM
* A minimum of 5 years' experience in ecological consultancy or other relevant work.
* Excellent fieldwork and report writing skills
* Must be competent in the survey of and mitigation for one or more of the following key protected species: bats, badgers, birds, dormice, great crested newts, reptiles, and water voles,
* Hold an EPS and/or conservation licence for one or more of the above species groups;
* In depth knowledge of the European environmental legislation and policy
* Have proven project and staff management experience
* Evidence of effective relationships with a number of important clients, offering advice and guidance.
* Be able to manage own workload, be proactive in managing projects and be able to delegate to and provide support to Ecologists as appropriate
* Have a full clean UK driving licence
In return, the company are offering the successful Senior Ecologist an excellent remuneration package commensurate with experience. Included in this is the potential for flexible working hours and even part-time/working from home if absolutely necessary. They also offer a generous pension scheme and numerous other additional benefits.
Commutable locations include Southampton, Bournemouth, Salisbury, Portsmouth, Eastleigh, Reading, Fareham, Winchester, Andover.