A specialist marketing communications agency on the South Coast with an enviable reputation are looking for someone with an interest in Science who is keen to take on responsibility for managing projects working with account managers and others in the team.
Responsibilities of the PR and Social Media Executive
· Developing great relationships with clients and managing/prioritising concurrent projects, from taking briefs through to completion/delivery. Includes updating clients about the status of their projects and ensuring activities are completed on time.
· Writing marketing communications e.g. press releases, articles, web text, sales materials
· Distributing press releases
· Liaison with trade media
· Compiling client press coverage reports in Excel
· Researching content and writing posts for LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook
· Management of social media campaigns - posting, interaction and follower development using tools such as Hootsuite
· Review/reporting on interactions
Skills of the PR and Social Media Executive
· Science degree
· Great interpersonal skills and a confident communicator
· Excellent English grammar and scientific marketing writing ability/potential
· Must be able to apply scientific understanding to a range of complex (life) science topics, using research skills to get up to speed with unfamiliar areas
· Outstanding attention to detail
· A flexible working approach and ‘can-do’ personality
· The ability to prioritise and deliver multiple projects
If you have a science background and you are outgoing/personable/organised, then apply now!