My client designs, manufactures and integrates the Aerospace industry’s most advanced products and technologies and they have a rare opportunity for an experienced Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join their team on a permanent basis in Havant, UK.
This position is responsible for supporting plant leadership in achieving business and financial goals by developing and maintaining robust manufacturing processes and leading continuous improvement / cost out initiatives across the organization.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
* Managing a small team of Manufacturing Engineers ensuring timely preparation of consolidated plant, customer, product status’ and action plans, providing direction and prioritization of tasks to ensure the team maintain strong performance in line with expectations.
* Develops and maintains robust, cost efficient manufacturing processes and product structures consistent with lean manufacturing practices.
* Must be mindful of process and test capabilities and recognize organizational core competencies. Performs root cause and failure analysis as required.
* Leads cost-out events and promotes culture of continuous improvement. Applies lean manufacturing techniques as means to eliminate waste and deliver products to customer’s expectations.
* Implements methods and practices to reduce variation. Demonstrates ability to understand source(s) of variation and identify impact of tolerance stacks in assemblies by applying Six Sigma Design and Development strategies. Conducts designed experiments. Understands application of SPC and gage R&R.
* Participates in concurrent engineering efforts and critical design reviews to minimize product development costs and maximize useful life of products. Conducts Design for Manufacturing and value engineering initiatives as applicable. Develops work breakdown structures as a tool to develop cost estimates.
* Participates in new product development projects using Pro-Launch as a tool to articulate deliverables and a vehicle to commit to schedules
* Acts as manufacturing liaison for products from inception through shipment to customer.
* Develops and integrates new processes and methodologies as to provide competitive advantages for the business. Composes Capital Appropriation Requests (including payback and net present value analysis) for acquisition of equipment to support emerging and existing technologies. Trains associates as required.
* Assists leadership team and others in performing work load analysis and resources optimization. Extracts and manipulates data from ERP systems as needed.
* Communicates vision of organization via verbal communication and actions. Interprets strategic plan for developing goals for self and team. Port
Skills & Experience Required:
* We are looking for an experienced supervisor of teams ideally within Aerospace/ Automotive
* Detailed knowledge of engineering design and product reliability concepts as to facilitate analysis of fluid dynamics, thermal dynamics, electronic circuits, etc.
* Detailed knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques is ideal but not essential
* Detailed knowledge of Six Sigma concepts and tools as they relate to minimizing process / product variability is essential but not essential.
* Thorough understanding of problem solving methodologies used in determining root cause and formulating corrective actions
* Understanding of Prelaunch.
* Proficiency in various software applications
* Knowledge of industry and customer specific quality processes (i.e. ISO9001, AS9100).
* Knowledge of product and end user application/specifications, including product testing requirements. (design/process interface).
* Knowledge of manufacturing principles and technical specifications to support facilities competencies – i.e. metal cutting, tool design, injection molding, welding, soldering, etc. CAD is ideal but not essential
* Ability to Supervise and direct other departmental personnel for specified tasks assigned by management
* Ability to lead cross-functional process improvement teams is ideal, a big part of the role is cost out, working with stake holders to deal with SQE’s at a supervisory level.
* We are looking for an individual with an engineering degree
* We are looking for a highly motivated individual who can engage and coach their team
Position: Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Havant, UK
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000
Start: Notice Dependent