Production Team Leader – Milling
Hours; Mon – Thursday: 7.30 am to 5.00 pm, 30 minute lunch break.
Friday: 7.30 am to 12.30pm.
Job type; Full time / Permanent
Pay; A competitive salary dependent on experience.
Opportunity for overtime at 1.4 times hourly rate.
On behalf of our well established client Red Chill Recruitment are recruiting for a Production Team Leader – Milling. The right person will take a lead role in technically advising on all aspects of engineering, working methods, CADCAM, programming, setting machining and tool making.
Perhaps you are a highly experienced CNC miller programmer looking for the opportunity to step up to take a lead role?
Roles / Responsibilities-
* Taking a lead role in technically advising on all aspects of engineering, working methods, CADCAM, programming, setting machining and tool making.
* Day to day shop floor supervision, coordination, guiding, training and helping production employees.
* Assisting with planning shop floor loading in order to optimise output levels whilst retaining quality and on time delivery targets.
* Developing working methods, CADCAM offline programming, setting & operating machines as required to maximise production output through individual flexibility
* Supporting the quality team by assisting with first off inspections.
* Conducting and giving input to employee appraisals; helping to ensure that each individual reaches their full potential
* Chairing and contributing to departmental meetings, 8D/NCR & works order investigations, practical production and machining efficiency improvements as part of a process for continuing improvement; embracing change and encouraging others to do so.
* Managing machine maintenance and breakdowns, with the ultimate goal of ensuring the lead times for customers are still achieved.
* Fire marshal duties(training to be provided).
Skills / Experience-
* Self-starter and a team player with the desire to work in a progressive company.
* Good organisational skills, ability to manage and prioritise workload in a changing environment.
* Solid leadership, supervisory, people and communication skills.
* Comprehensive knowledge and ability to interpret engineering drawings and geometric tolerances.
* Extensive experience developing working methods, CADCAM offline programming, setting and operating CNC milling machines.
* Hands on experience of using all types of traditional metrology measuring equipment.
* Computer literate with Microsoft Office applications. Experience with ERP/MRPsoftware packages would be of benefit but not essential.
* Competitive Salary.
* A progressive, engaging work environment.
* Job security, training and career opportunities.
* The opportunity to earn overtime.
* Company group profit related bonus scheme.
* 33 days annual leave including statutory holidays.
* Company sickness scheme (subject to qualifying criteria).
* Company auto enrolment pension scheme (subject to qualifying criteria).