Our client a well established and growing organisation based in Ringwood is looking to recruit an Administrator within the purchasing department.
As the Purchasing Administrator you will be responsible for providing support to the Purchasing Manager with a variety of duties, placing orders, chasing deliveries and assisting with enquires. Confidence on the phone is also required as you will be speaking with suppliers, account managers and the other departments.
This Purchasing Administrator is a busy and varied role where you will need to be efficient, organised and confident using Microsoft due to the pace of the role you will also need the ability to multi task and work well under pressure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Placing orders with suppliers via phone and email
* Following up outstanding deliveries
* Liaising with suppliers regarding delivery timescales
* Inputting orders onto the internal systems
* Liaising with other departments to update on deliveries
* Use of Microsoft systems including word and excel
* Generate purchase orders based on optimum levels set out in-house computer system ensuring no out-of-stocks.
* Periodically review optimum levels to ensure they are adequate
* Work with warehouse to look at stocking space.
* Work with sales team to ensure correct products have been ordered.
* Communicates with suppliers to ensure orders have been received, chase orders, query prices, discuss minimum order levels and any carriage charges.
* Check stock codes to minimise slow moving/obsolete stock.
* Assist with stock check when necessary.
* Create codes for products when asked by sales team, look at sourcing at best price.
* Input price updates on the system.
Experience and Knowledge:
* Organised and efficient with ability to multitask
* Confident communication skills
* Ability to work in a pressurised and fast paced environment
* Confident experience of Microsoft systems
Salary and Benefits:
* £20 – 22,000
* Free Parking
* 20 days holiday + bank holiday
* Monday – Friday 8.30am – 5.30pm
This Purchasing Administrator job would suit candidates who have excellent attention to detail, organisation and strong administration skills.
If you are interested in this Purchasing Administrator position please click on Apply Now.
Alternatively to find out more, or to see other opportunities that we have available please visit our website.