Embedded Software Engineer
Fareham, Hampshire to £50k + benefits
This is an interesting and challenging embedded software opening within the World of marine electronics. If robotics or underwater vehicle technologies inspires you than this role may well be of interest:
The role will involve:
* Realtime embedded software development using C / C++
* Experience of motor control / mechatronics / robotics would prove useful
* Experience of serial comms would be good (e.g. CAN, I2C, SPI etc)
* Requires relevant industry experience gained within embedded software development
More: Embedded software engineer
The role will involve the design and implementation of innovative embedded software solutions in C / C++ for underwater robotics applications.
Software Engineer candidates should be good team players, able to work with minimal supervision either on their own or within project teams. The ability to lead and deliver your own project work would be a great advantage.
Skills / Knowledge Required: Embedded software engineer
* Bachelor's degree or higher in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education (e.g. computer science, electrical / electronic engineering, mechatronics)
* 3+ years’ experience development of real-time embedded software in C or C++
* Experience of serial communications e.g. SPI and I2C
* Demonstrable experience in developing and debugging software for microcontroller peripherals and systems, e.g. microcontrollers, boot loaders, interrupt functions, serial interfaces.
* Understanding of electronic systems and electrical theory
* Excellent communication skills (written/spoken)
Beneficial skills: (nice to have)
* Experience of CAN Bus
* DSP platforms and motor control
* Embedded Linux
* Full-lifecycle product design: from specification to production
* Sensor theory
* Embedded systems development
* Robotics / mechatronics
* Experience of developing high reliability / rugged systems, ideally marine electronics
This embedded software engineer opening is commutable from Southampton, Eastleigh, Portsmouth, Fareham, Portsmouth, Chichester and Winchester.