Associate Employee Relations Consultant
* To provide quality, timely HR advice to Divisional and THQ managers across a range of HR issues as part of a team focused on Employee Relations advice.
* To support the delivery of a high performing culture by advising and coaching and training managers in using effective people management practices
* To deliver HR services with an agreed publish service level agreement.
* HR Employee Relations Manager, Senior ER Consultants, HR Administrators, HR Business Partners, Workforce Systems team, Recruitment team, department line managers, Trade Unions
Temporary: Expected to last 6 months with possible extension
Hours per week: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £14.50 (Umbrella) or £12.38 per hour (PAYE)
* Relevant generalist HR experience at operational level in a complex organisation, preferably NHS / public sector/large private sector
* Experience in delivering training sessions
* Able to demonstrate competence in providing HR advice.
* Experience of dealing with the range of operational HR issues
* Working in a team with the Senior ER Consultant and HR Administrator to provide high quality HR advice and guidance to managers in designated Divisions or THQ functions across a range of HR subject areas including:
* Absence and wellbeing management
* Discipline and grievance
* Performance and capability
* Maternity and Paternity
* Terms and conditions of employment
* To be responsible for a range of employee relations cases, ensuring that they are progressing in a timely manner, and escalating to the senior ER Consultant where appropriate.
* Contribute to the Trust’s sickness absence targets by supporting line managers with long- and short-term sickness absence
* Develop good working relationships with stakeholders in the organisation to build confidence in the quality of HR advice and support that is provided to line managers and staff
* To work to agreed Service Level Agreement ensuring work is prioritised and delivered to timescales, escalating as appropriate when service standards will not be met
* To build key relationships with key stakeholders to enable the delivery of services within the SLA.
* To work proactively to ensure service ratings are developed to sustain agreed standard of satisfaction
Sickness Absence Management
* Monitor sickness absence in the Divisions or THQ functions to support the delivery of the Trust’s sickness absence target and in line with the Trust’s attendance management policy. Support managers to undertake short term and long-term absence meetings for employees.
* To advise on complex sensitive and contentious absence issues including management of disability, appropriate adjustments and redeployment if needed ensuring principles of Equality Act 2010 are adhered to. Escalate highly complex cases to the Senior ER Consultant
* To deliver formal training to line managers on absence management to improve skills confidence and capability
* To work in partnership with Occupational Health to drive down long-term absence through ensuring each case has a robust SMART action plan
* To provide advice, guidance and support to line managers on conducting investigations in line with agreed Trust procedures and timescales. To plan, analyse, advise on and attend investigation and disciplinary meetings with managers, taking notes and typing them up when required and providing advice to ensure that written communications are appropriate.
* Assist line managers in the implementation of organisational change management programs, providing advice on undertaking group and 1-1 consultations and follow up meetings and redeployment.
* To develop good working relationships with local Representatives to continue to maintain a strong partnership with Trade Unions.
* To create and run reports from any ER system or Microsoft Products and analyse data accordingly