The Construction arm of my Client is the largest company within the Group and serves all the design and construction needs from a network of regional businesses. Working in close partnership with local supply chain partners and using local expertise and knowledge, each regional business offers a highly personalised service designed to suit the needs of each individual customer and project. Long term, open and mutually beneficial customer partnerships are the norm, with my Client working with the customer to find innovative solutions which deliver ‘best value’. Repeat business accounts for more than 70% of turnover. Investment in training, health and safety standards and commitment to continuous improvement across all aspects of performance from their workforce and supply chain helps them to deliver projects on time, on budget and to the highest possible standards. With an excellent track record throughout the UK and Ireland, my Client has the skill and dedication to meet any Construction needs.
As well as a competitive salary and package they also offer the ability to buy/ sale up to 5 days holiday per year.
A Quantity Surveyor (No:1), reporting to a visiting Managing Quantity Surveyor and overseeing an Assistant Quantity Surveyor is required for a £10million new build and office refurbishment project.
POSITION: QUANTITY SURVEYOR, site based, No:1
Quantity Surveyor reporting to a Managing Surveyor and working on mainly Design and Build projects valued to £10m your duties will include
· Attending meetings with the Estimators to discuss tender strategy/ Bill loading and cash flow.
· Breaking the B/Q in to subcontract packages, sending out enquires and placing all subcontract orders. Negotiating all contracts and prices
· Producing monthly CVR and cash flow reports.
· Liaising with production staff to ensure all variations are identified. Producing a variations account, valuing and negotiating with the Client and subcontractors accordingly
· Maintaining all site contractual correspondence.
· Receiving subcontractor applications for payment and negotiating accordingly.
· Negotiating the final account and ensuring all retention monies are received.