Solutions recruitment are on the hunt for an Education IT support engineer to join our award-winning telecoms client based in Southampton.
The role will include providing on site IT and customer service support based at various schools, fixing 1st and 2nd line issues, from servers to mobile devices.
Salary: Competitive - Based on experience
The main responsibilities:
· Monitoring the School’s server and network for any issues and errors including log monitoring and visual inspection of service, e.g. anti-virus software
· Rapidly responding to issues logged via email or telephone, and resolving these issues ASAP, and escalating as required.
· Diagnosing faults, repairing systems and working alongside suppliers to support existing contracts to ensure equipment is functioning properly.
· Ensuring critical software is up to date, as well as Office 365 and G Suite
You will need:
· Full UK Driving License
· IT Support experience on: MS Server 2012/2016 Windows 7/10 Office 2016 Server Administrative tools, e.g. Active Directory, Group Policy and DNS/DHCP Office 365
· Work independently on site
· Experience of troubleshooting hardware/software issues including: Email Servers/Office365, SharePoint Web Servers, Desktop and Laptops AV Equipment, Firewalls and Web filters
· Ability to work under pressure
· Problem solving capability
· Exceptional Oral & Written communication skills
· Ability to communicate with customers of all levels of technical expertise
· Prioritising and organisational skills
If you are interested in this role, please apply online now, or give us a call on (phone number removed)