About this Role:
My client is a Leading Regional Civil Engineering and Groundworks Contractor that operates throughout the counties of Hampshire, Wiltshire and Dorset primarily.
Due to recent planned restructuring, they are looking to appoint, on a permanent basis a Quantity Surveyor or a Senior Quantity Surveyor who has a strong background in Civil Engineering and Groundworks.
The sectors that they are presently involved in include;
* Infrastructure & Groundworks
* Section 278 Works
* Footpaths & Landscaping
* Contaminated land
* Reinforced Concrete
This position would appeal to someone who resides in the Hampshire, or Wiltshire areas who wishes to work from the company’s regional offices with occasional site visits.
The nature of the work is varied and the majority of the packages range from £5K to £5M in value.
They have already secured long term contracts and frameworks within the area which they are looking to build upon.
Ideally, you will be conversant with both JCT & NEC Forms of Contract.
Your key responsibilities
* Maintain subcontract/material procurement schedule
* In conjunction with delivery team, identify additional subcontract / materials supply packages and changes to programme dates.
* Issue subcontract / materials supply enquiries in compliance with company policies and Procedures
* Review and carry out commercial analysis of submitted subcontract/material quotations
* Make recommendations to the delivery team on best placed subcontract/supplier
* Conduct subcontract negotiation meetings
* Raise subcontract orders in accordance with the company policy
* Administration of subcontracts in accordance with relevant subcontract terms and conditions.
* Provide data and support to Commercial Manager and Head Office for periodic reporting.
* Production of periodic reports.
* Advise delivery team on requirements of Commercial Policies and Procedures.
* Degree qualified in a relevant subject - Quantity Surveying or Commercial Management
* Experience in using major forms of contract
* Experience of working for a Civil Engineering or Groundworks Contractor in the UK
* 5+ Years post graduate experience ideally
About the Company/Client/Project:
My client is a well-respected Regional Civil Engineering company with an annual turnover in excess of £75M.